Rumination amidst solitude

You Ma

Published by purplepinkbliss under on 5:28 AM
Ma, I was too busy complaining,
The art of silence doesn’t work anymore
For ruthless manipulation selfishness,
Malevolence and vanity oil the world.
And Ma, the reservoir of guilt in me
Stirs, bubbles, as I contemplate
The shallow end to get to my dreams.
I was still complaining Ma
As I took that punch of a feel
Of incompetency right across my face
For not holding onto aggression
And arrogance to turn tides to my favor.
Why did you curb those streaks in me?
For it is easier to be plain shallow!
Those corporate dreams, the luxury,
The vanity are all but another version
Of poverty so you told me…
Go inwards, seek love, content within!

It is not easy Ma
To summon courage of the highest order
To face oneself, accept oneself.
And if I turned out a person calm
Graceful like a centered woman
Instead of taking it out on the world
I am getting there Ma.
You shower love not once jealous
At beauty and goodness not your own.
You are capable of sharing your sons
With girls from another’s womb
Not once possessive, Oh your serenity
(which very few women possess)
And power to wait at the face of key threats
Not once restless or antagonistic…
I simply want to be You MA.

1 comments, please click here to comment:

Anand Menon said... @ May 11, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Brillaint....

Post a Comment