Rumination amidst solitude

Open Highway

Published by purplepinkbliss under on 2:46 AM


How like a highway open

I let people pass me by.

I hate being a desolate road and

If a little meaningless hustle bustle

Would take away another dreary

Lonely day, I’d let people linger

For my sake alone!

And LO! A friend on the horizon!

A good friend is a kismet.

But also a bane,

For once you know

What it is like to have a friend

Anguish it is to be an open highway.

I know I will survive.

But when I’ve had a day eventful,

Or when I’ve basked in the sun

When leisure pursuits fascinate

Or when I have tasted dust

That sour taste in my mouth

Pervades for nothing is done with

Unless I split it with you,

For you abide my weakness and strengths,

Foster intimacy, a rare, rare luxury

I want to hold on to forever.

0 comments, please click here to comment:

Post a Comment